Friday 5 March 2010

Rough Sketches of Garment Shape ideas


Here are some rough sketches of my initial garment shape ideas. They need to be worked on a lot however they are only quick sketches to help me to determine a garment shape. They vary in shapes as I thought it would be a nice concept to go from beach to casual evening wear. The way this theory would work is I would start my collection with a beach cover up, such as idea 3, constructing it out of a sheer fabric such as silk georgette or chiffon, then develop the design into a simple Kaftan shape (outfit 6) made in crepe de chine fabric and finally developing the designs in to full length maxi dresses which wold be made out of satin silk and sandwashed silk. The prints could go from complicated delicate designs and as the collection develops grow into simple over scaled placement prints.
I am undecided whether I want to stick to one garment shape for the entire collection so the main focus is just on print or to vary the collection. The solution to this question will come once I begin sampling. If I was to stick to the one shape I would most likely choose outfit 3.



Copyright

No comments:

Post a Comment