Monday 29 March 2010

Selecting Prints for first outfit


Although I am certain of the print I am going to use for the photo shoot outfit and almost pretty certain of the colour way, I thought it would be a good idea to do some modelling on a stand. When I was laying the fabrics together on a flat surface the full intensity of the print was not visible yet as soon as I began to pin gathers into the fabric on a manekin the samples came to life and the colour of the prints became more vibrant. I am drawn to the colour way David Lam responded to, the orange and yellow print is bright and vibrant and a little garish however with the peach accent the design becomes more suttle. I absolutely love the combination on the pink and yellow print with a blue foiled border print, athough it is a little to garish for the mood I want to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment