Tuesday 20 April 2010

Alternative Fashion Week


The second years are currently completing a project for alternative fashion week...so the studio is buzzing with excitement. They have had to design and make an outfit to be shown on the catwalk at London's Spitalfield Market during Alternative Fashion week. Fabric has been supplied to them and they have had about six weeks to turn it into an amazing printed and constructed alternative outfit. It made me think back to last year when we were designing and making for alternative fashion week...it was such an exciting project and a great experience to be a part of. The brief was called 'Grandad we love you'...the challenge was not only to make an innovative and alternative outfit but to also convince a 60+ male to model our collection and feel great in it on the catwalk. My construction was inspired by the teddy boy period which was influenced by my model and my prints were inspired by age spots which I developed into a leopard style print design. Here are some photos from our day.


Designs for the project - Copyright

Copyright

All the fabrics for the outfit were donated to the course for this project. My trousers were made from a blanket material and printed in foil. The shirt was patterned cotton which I dyed brown and grey to age it...and finally the coat was made from a thick foam fabric with leather cuffs and collar and flock print detail. I loved this project and it's outfit and think my model did a great job modelling...he really looked the part.

To view the days highlights go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzxTNg24aUw

No comments:

Post a Comment