Monday 22 February 2010

Nancy Rose Taplin visits Colchester School of Art


Nancy Rose
Taplin, a former student of Colchester School of Art came in today to talk to the third years about her experience as a final year fashion and textile student, what she did next and her current career plans. Although a little daunting it was extremely informative and inspiring. She stressed the importance of the third year and how important it is to stay focused and how the competitions she entered has gained her many contacts within the industry. I was fortunate enough to talk to her afterwards where she had a look through my sketch book and gave me constructive criticism, offering me advice on how I could develop ideas further and how I could make the most of my talent. This was really helpful and boosted my confidence and motivation. The advice I took on board the most was to not panic and stay true to yourself.

You can view her beautiful designs by going to her website www.nancyrosetaplin.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment