Sunday 11 October 2009

Colour Palette influences


I was fairly inspired by the array of vibrant colours on display at the SHOW studio exhibition. Although the colours are not what you would expect to be spring/summer the brightness of the pinks, oranges and yellow against the black back ground could be effective with the designs I produce. Also when researching catwalk trends there are a number of catwalk designers who have used a lot of black with bright colours such as Basso and Brooke and Mary Katranzou. I also looked at butterfly's which had been set up on the inspirational wall in the studio. When observing closely they have exquisite blends of colour on their wings, I was particularly drawn to the variation of pinks and oranges which I could combine with the influenced colours viewed at SHOW studio. I have considered using screen printing as my method of printing and would like to attempt discharge printing onto black fabric and then reprinting with bright acid dye over the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment